Sixteenth International Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval
25-27 August 2009
SPIRE 2009 covers research in all aspects of string processing, information retrieval, computational biology, pattern matching, semi-structured data, and related applications. Typical topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- String Processing: Dictionary algorithms, Text searching, Pattern matching, Text and sequence compression, Automata based string processing.
- Information Retrieval: Information retrieval models, Indexing, Ranking and filtering, Interface design, Visualization, Benchmarking.
- Natural language processing: Text analysis, Text mining, Machine learning, Information extraction, Language models (both structural and semantic), Knowledge representation.
- Search applications and usage: Cross-lingual information access systems, Multimedia information access, Digital libraries, Collaborative retrieval and Web related applications, Semi-structured data retrieval, Evaluation.
- Interaction of biology and computation: DNA sequencing and applications in molecular biology, Evolution and phylogenetics, Recognition of genes and regulatory elements, Sequence driven protein structure prediction.
Deadline for papers: May, 1, 2009